Do you like to travel, share your impressions and photographs of the world around you? Then join us to show the world through the focus of your camera the beauty of your city, country or any other your favorite place!
Some interesting facts about the Dominican Republic.
1. The differences of the States of the Caribbean, Dominica and the Dominican Republic.
You should know that the meaning and the origin of the names are completely different.
Dominic proishodit from the Italian word "Sunday" because on this day the island was discovered by the expedition of Christopher Columbus. But the Dominican Republic was so called from the name of its capital, Santo Domingo, obtained in honor of St. Dominic, the founder of the Dominican order.
2. The city of Santo Domingo is the capital of the Dominican Republic and the oldest settlement in the Western hemisphere.
It was founded in 1496 by the brother of Christopher Columbus – Bartholomew.
3. The Dominican Republic ranks first in the world in the export of tobacco and the second after Cuba for its production.
The famous Davidoff cigars, the most expensive in the world, which has traditionally been used in Cuba since 1990 are also produced in the Dominican province of Santiago de Los Caballeros.
4. Literacy of the population of the Dominican Republic is of 84.7%. All residents over the age of 15 can read and write.
5. Motorcycle in the Dominican Republic is not the vehicle for two or three people. Here safely fit up to 6 people.
Потратьте меньше денег, воспользуйтесь всеми удобствами